It’s July, and that means two things for many people. First, it means that it’s really hot. Here at Pike Road, Alabama, you might even say that it’s sweltering hot most days. Second, it means that summer break for kids has been here for a few weeks *and that it’s not quite time yet for school to start back.) Luckily, for residents of The Waters, we have some solutions that will keep everyone entertained.
Summer amenities to take advantage of at The Waters
For parents who are starting to hear a lot of, “I’m bored,” or, “There’s nothing to do!”, it may be time to get a little more creative with your days. The good news is that at The Waters, we have so many wonderful amenities to take advantage of in the summer.
We should mention that while yes, it is hot, many of these amenities involve being outdoors. Our advice here would be to take advantage of early morning and late evening hours. Don’t go to the park in the middle of the afternoon necessarily, but some of these options do involve water, which will help everyone cool off. Just remember to apply plenty of sunscreen!
- Lakes & marina — The Waters is designed around three lakes, all with landscaped walking trails and five miles of shoreline that kids will love to explore and fish from. For those with a boat, canoe, or kayak, there is also plenty of lake for fishing, floating, and rowing. The lake is well-stocked with game fish for catch-and-release fun. Remember that kayaks, canoes, fishing boats, and pontoon pleasure boats are available for residents to enjoy as a benefit of homeownership at The Waters.
- Pools & beach — Kids can’t get enough swimming in the summer, so luckily for them, we have a beach and two community pools. The Lucas Point Pool, Pavilion, and Beach is a zero-entry, infinity-edge pool situated adjacent to the Lake Cameron Beach. One really cool feature is the hammock station right off the large pool deck. The Blue Heron Pool Club is also a zero-entry pool with a mushroom fountain for the kids, a lap swim area, and large pool deck.
- Parks & playground — There are many green spaces and parks throughout the neighborhood, perfect for a picnic, a game of catch, playing tag, or a nature hunt. There are three community playgrounds and a soccer field, and an open dog run and obstacle course so pets can get in on the fun as well.
- Pavilions & grilling stations — There are many gathering spots throughout The Waters, so you can call a few neighbors, gather up all the kids, and meet up for picnics, snacks, dinner, or other activities. Our pavilions are extremely well appointed with features such as teak tables and chairs, a stacked stone gas fireplace, casual seating area, serving kitchen, and beautiful views.
- Kids Club — Have your kids gotten involved in our Kids Club yet? There is still plenty of time to get in on art projects, a dive-in theater, a big back to school bash, and more.
- Nature & outdoors — Many of the above ideas involve nature and outdoors, but we just can’t emphasize enough how much natural beauty can be found at The Waters. If you’ve never loaded up on a golf cart for an early morning ride to watch the sunrise or sat on one of the lake-side piers to see the sun set over the horizon, these things should be on your summer bucket list.
There really is a whole lifestyle to be experienced at The Waters in Pike Road, Alabama. While it can’t be found anywhere else in the River Region, it can be experienced all year long by our residents. We think the summer season is a great time to really see all that we have to offer.