When most people think of building a custom home, they can come up with many, many ideas that they’d like to have included. Built-ins, spaces for pets, unique bathroom designs, and more may be part of their dreams.
But when they actually start to work with a builder, they realize that building a “custom home” in most cases just means selecting from the options a builder provides. Working with these “bulk builders” can result in a beautiful home, but it probably won’t be one that is truly custom created for you and your family.
At The Waters, it’s different. We have the unique ability to allow homeowners to work with our builders to create completely custom homes, which is something you don’t find very often.
What Does It Mean to Create a Truly Custom Home?
Let’s say you find a house you love and want to build, but you’d rather move that wall over there, or maybe you’d like to rearrange the house plan a bit. Most bulk builders don’t allow you to make any structural changes such as these. But our builders at The Waters are happy to work with you on these types of details.
Even better, in many of our spec homes, the standard is elevated with incredible custom features you won’t find in other spec homes. Some of these features include freestanding tubs, under counter lighting, upgraded lighting packages, screened porches, and outdoor fireplace features.
So what kind of custom features are we talking about? Here are just a few examples:
- Pet spaces — We love our pets, and many people keep them in mind when building. Furry friends might get their own special space under the stairs, feeding stations in the kitchen, dog washing stations, and more.
- Office/school spaces – Due to working from home and kids attending school online, more and more buyers are very interested in creating dedicated spaces for offices and/or school areas.
- Functional areas under staircases — While the space under the stairs may sometimes be underutilized, our builders know how to use it well. A wet bar with storage for bottles, a refrigerator, shelving, and counter space fits perfectly (pictured).
- Mud rooms — Mud rooms may be fairly common to find in new homes these days, but do they look this beautiful? (pictured) Our builders create custom mud rooms that look just as good as they are functional.
- Closet organization — Shelves and cabinets for storage in closets may be pretty typical, and you will certainly find that at The Waters, but what about an island in the master closet? We take closet design to the next level.
- Unique bathrooms — We have some amazing bathroom designs with beautiful clawfoot bathtubs and spa-like showers.
- Exterior features like nowhere else — Maybe you want the ceilings of your porches to be a soft teal color, or you like the look of stately columns not found anywhere else in the neighborhood. Maybe it’s a HUGE screened porch you’ve been dreaming about. And maybe that screened porch is more like an outside room with various seating areas, a fireplace, and mounted television. We love outdoor spaces, and we can create anything you can dream!
All of these custom features mentioned and so many more can be found on our website. Find inspiration from others or come up with your own ideas, and let our builders at The Waters turn it into a reality for you and your family!