Just Plein Fun: Plein Air Paint Our to bring nearly 40 artists to the Town of Pike Road October 26-27
Join the Pike Road Arts Council for the 7th Annual Plein Air Paint Out for Live Painting Demonstrations and Original Art feat. Local Landscapes
WHAT: 7th Annual Pike Road Plein Air Paint Out, presented by the Pike Road Arts Council, a Town of Pike Road ENHANCE initiative committee.
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 26 – Saturday, Oct. 27
WHERE: New Waters Realty (2239 Marler Rd), throughout the Town of Pike Road
- Friday, Oct. 26
- Live Painting Demonstration by Barbara Davis, 8:30 a.m., Lake Sweet T in The Waters neighborhood off Marler Road (technique: brush with oil paint, capturing the effects of light)
- Artists paint throughout the Town of Pike Road all day, capturing local landscapes and architecture.
- Saturday, Oct. 26
- Live Painting Demonstration by Alisa Koch, 8:30 a.m., Lake Sweet T in The Waters neighborhood off Marler Road (technique: palette knife with oil paint, minimalist with a focus on landscapes)
- Artists paint throughout the Town of Pike Road until 2:30 p.m., when paintings must be turned in to New Waters Realty for judging and display.
- Art Show & Sale, 5:30 – 7 p.m., New Waters Realty. Those who attend the Art Show & Sale are invited to vote for the “People’s Choice Award.” One voter will receive a prize basket featuring local businesses for their participation, and winning artists will receive cash prizes. The first 100 visitors will receive gift bags.
WHO: The media and the public are invited to participate in this two-day event. Those in attendance will have the opportunity to get to know artists from across the State of Alabama and beyond, observe a variety of painting techniques in action, purchase original art featuring the local community, and more. We hope to see you around Town soon!