Kids’ Club is Back!
How’s your summer going? It’s been great so far at The Waters, and it’s recently gotten even better with the reintroduction of one of our very popular programs, The Waters Kids’ Club!
While we were not able to host normal neighborhood events during summer 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, we made the choice this spring to resume the planning of neighborhood events with the kick off of Music in May and movie nights. These events were huge hits. We had really nice crowds, but at The Waters, we also have plenty of room outdoors for everyone.
We knew we wanted to bring back the Kids’ Club since it has always been such a summer favorite for our neighborhood families. For parents, it’s an easy, fun, high quality, and no-cost way to get their families out of the house to do something different for the day. These events encourage everyone to enjoy our amenities in a different way.
While movie nights typically happen on Friday evenings, many other activities are scheduled for weekdays, often in the mornings or afternoons. The activities also vary between arts and crafts and fun treats. This provides many options for families to find the best times and events for them.
Another thing we love about the Kids’ Club is that it helps create a special bond between neighbors that doesn’t exist in many neighborhoods. Oftentimes, in a traditional neighborhood, families and kids don’t gather for events. But our goal is always to provide opportunities to bring people together, and the Kids’ Club does just that. It provides the chance for neighbors from all over the community to gather and meet each other, experience something new together, and create lasting friendships that will go far past the summer months.
2021 Kids’ Club Schedule of Events at The Waters
We hope there is something for everyone in our line-up this year! From kids getting out of the house on a weekday morning to create new kinds of art, to the entire family heading to our Town Square for a movie at the end of the week, Kids’ Club provides a variety of opportunities.
Here’s what we have planned:
- July 8 — Sand Art at Lucas Point Pavilion, 4-5 p.m. A favorite activity from year’s past!
- July 13 — Popsicles at the Pool, 12 p.m. Find popsicles at both of our pools, Lucas Point and Welch Cove.
- July 19 — Nancy’s Ice at Town Square, starts at 5:30 p.m. Treats will be provided while supplies last, so come early!
- July 23 — Movie Night, Toy Story 4 at Town Square, 7:45 p.m. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, and snacks!
- July 26 — Chalk Art at Town Square, 4-5 p.m.
- July 29 — Rock Painting at Lucas Point Pavilion, 4-5 p.m.
- August 2 — Scavenger Hunt, details TBA
- August 13 — Movie Night, Jumanji The Next Level at Town Square, 7:45 p.m. Send summer off the right way before school starts back!
Let us know if you have questions about these events, and we hope you and your family will plan to join us this summer!