As the world has slowly opened back up and begun getting back to normal after the pandemic period, many special events and happenings are returning as well. This summer at The Waters will offer plenty of opportunities for fun for kids, families, and friends.
This will mean neighborhood events and gatherings, and it will also mean gathering at our homes for smaller celebrations. Memorial Day and Independence Day are both coming up, and these will be excellent times for entertaining.
Get Together This Summer at The Waters
Whether you get together with neighbors and friends before these events, after these events, or you’re just hanging out during these gatherings, summer is going to be a lot of fun!
- May 25 – School’s Out Candy Celebration
- May 22 – Music in May
- June 8 – Nancy’s Ice at The Square 5:30
- June 13 – Cousins Lobster Truck
- June 21st – Rock Painting 4-5 PM
- June 25 – Music at The Square
- July 8th – Popsicles at the Pool – 12 PM
- July 21 – Sand Art 4-5 PM
- July 28 – Bingo Night at The Chapel 4-5 PM
- August 8 – Back to School Bash 5-7 PM
- August 10 – Back to School treat for kids
Keep an eye on The Waters website for more details on these events as they get closer!
Entertaining Tips for Your Own Gatherings at The Waters
The Waters is a beautiful neighborhood, and this beauty can be found in the outdoor spaces of many homes. Many include porches, grilling decks, or separate patio spaces in the yard. A few homes even have large screened party porches.
Many front and back porches are huge! They are wide enough to include dining tables and separate seating areas. Our house plans typically include back porches right off the kitchen to make for easy transport of food and dishes. Many of our newest homes have outdoor fireplaces on a screened porch, and these spaces are designed to be an extension of the home.
Some yards are designed to create natural seating areas surrounding fire pits and near grilling stations. This type of set-up is perfect for families with smaller children. The adults can relax and talk while the kids safely play nearby.
Here are some of the best things we’ve seen residents do to create amazing outdoor dining spaces.
- Take a seasonal theme and run with it for holidays such as Memorial Day and Independence day
- Comfortable seating and table space
- Spaces flow from dining to relaxing with different seating areas
- Fans for cooling down in the summer heat and space heaters for cooler nights
- Extra shade
- Spaces designed to take in the views
- Foliage planted strategically to create natural paths and privacy
- Foliage that deters bugs
- Outdoor coolers or bar stations
- Ambiance created with lighting, such as string lights, ground lights, and more
- Bringing items from inside to outdoor spaces, such as candles, blankets, pillows, etc.
- Using natural surroundings, such as clipped flowers, foliage, or branches to create simple centerpieces and arrangements
- Meticulously landscaped lawns to welcome guests and to provide space for tables, chairs, and running freely
Whether it’s neighborhood events or smaller, personal gatherings at home, the residents of The Waters will be doing a lot of entertaining and socializing this summer. We’d love for you to come and join us!