Football Fever and Perfect Porches
With Football Season right around the corner, everyone is busy decorating their homes with their favorite colors. A decorated front porch is a great way to welcome the cooler weather and friends who are sure to stop by for a visit. The front porch is the transition from inside to outside and is generally the first impression your guests will have of your home.
Here are some fun football porch decorating ideas to get you started:
- Be sure to use your team colors in everything you do.
- Add texture by adding colorful pillows or cushions.
- Pom Poms can make great décor. Tissue pom poms in a planter can create a festive look with the use of multiple colored tissue paper.
- Football lights on the porch rails are great for evening games.
- Be sure to fly your team flag from your porch column.
- In the south, everyone likes a monogram. Have your front door monogram designed to include your school colors.
- Pick up a small A-Frame chalk board for game time and score updates.
Use these tips to make your front porch radiate with an inviting and cozy feeling that you want friends and family to experience as they come to visit during football season.